Julie Bonnel-Rogers, Esq.Attorney
Julie Bonnel-Rogers has several years of civil litigation and trial experience. The scope of her career has included representation of business and property owners in a large variety of business, corporate, commercial and real estate disputes. Ms. Bonnel-Rogers has been recognized for her advocacy on behalf of small and mid-sized businesses and their financial and legal exposure to technological risks and security breaches. Prior to entering law school, Ms. Bonnel-Rogers taught English on the Island of Saipan in the Northern Marianas Islands as a volunteer through the Jesuit Volunteer Corps in 1989-1990. While in law school, she participated on the Law School's Moot Court Competition Team, and graduated with advocacy honors including the 1993 USF School of Law 1st Place "Advocate of the Year" title. When outside the office, Ms. Bonnel-Rogers enjoys sports, hiking, modern art and film festivals.
J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law
Oral Advocacy Honors
Visiting Scholar, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
European Law Studies
B.S. Political Science and Philosophy, Santa Clara University
Intern U.S. House of Representatives, American University, Washington D.C.
California State Bar
Santa Clara County Bar Association
- "An Escrow Company Owner's Fight Against Cyber Fraud and Her Unrelenting Efforts to Stay in Business" - California Escrow Association Magazine
- "Cyber Theft and Wire Transfer Fraud Litigation" - Los Angeles Daily Journal
- "Cyber Theft and Wire Transfer Fraud Litigation" - San Francisco Daily Journal
- Santa Clara County - Privacy Compliance and Protecting Sensitive Client Data, Santa Clara Valley Escrow Association, San Jose, California
- SecureWorld Webinar - Target - One Year Later: What Have We Learned?
- Newport Beach, California - California Escrow Institute: Cybertheft and Small Business: Village View Escrow v. Professional Business Bank, A Case Study
- Costa Mesa, California - California Escrow Association, 57th Annual Education Conference: Cybertheft and Small Business: Village View Escrow v. Professional Business Bank
- Los Angeles, California - Los Angeles Escrow Association, The Escrow Industry's Susceptibility to Security Breach
- San Francisco Bay Area - SecureWorld Expo: Who's Liable When Cyber Security Fails?
- Dallas, Texas - SecureWorld Expo: Who's Liable When Cyber Security Fails?
- Seattle, Washington - SecureWorld Expo: Who's Liable When Cyber Security Fails?
- Seattle, Washington - SecureWorld Expo: Expert Panelist - Industry Panel - Network Security - Beyond Passwords and Firewalls
- Denver, Colorado - SecureWorld Expo: Security Breach Litigation
- National Public Radio (NPR), Marketplace
- San Francisco Daily Journal
- Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Bank Info Security (Podcast)
- Krebs On Security
- American Banker.com